HANDY is pleased to announce that its 11th Annual Scholars Breakfast will take place on Friday, June 3rd at the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six at 7:30 a.m.
This event is sponsored by Moss Foundation and Hypower, Inc. and generously underwritten by Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six.
This year we have our LARGEST graduating class of 18 college students! We are also honoring our 2016 Champions of Children whose interest, vision and generous support have significantly contributed to HANDY’s success. This year, our honorees are:
- Marcelle Abell-Rosen, MD, HANDY Board of Directors, Creator/Chair of Schoolapalooza for HANDY and President, Caducean Society of Greater Fort Lauderdale and
- Andrew S. Rosen, Chair and CEO, Kaplan, Inc., and Executive Vice President, Graham Holdings Company
- Shutts & Bowen LLP, proud supporter of HANDY since 2006
HANDY is celebrating over 30 years of serving of Broward County children in foster, relative and non-relative care. HANDY’s services include: life skills training, academic tutoring, mentoring, emergency food, rent and clothing assistance, as well as academic scholarships. HANDY’s programs embrace, educate, and empower youth to become engaged adults.
HANDY by the numbers…
- 97% remained in school and were promoted to the next grade.
- 95% graduate high school and 100% of our high school graduates matriculate to college or technical school.
- 99% do not become pregnant or cause pregnancies.
- 98% have stable housing.
- 97% do not obtain law violations.